I’ve kind of given up on “country counting”.
I mean, I like to keep a tally of where I’ve been, but according to the Matador map above I’ve been to 29 countries, and according to my list, I’ve been to 28. Which is it, world? And what are borders anyway? Europe has gained an inordinate amount of countries in the past 20 years.
Anywayyy, here’s a nicely organised list of places I’ve been along with corresponding blog posts.
All countries link to their categories; all destinations link to blog posts I have written about them where applicable.
• Adinkirk | Ieper
• Dunkerque | Paris
• Berlin | Munich
• Reykjavik & south coast
• Milan | Rome | Venice
• Faro | Lagoa | Lagos | Lisbon
• Algeciras | Barcelona | La Linea | Seville | Tarifa
• England | Scotland | Wales
22 states • Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | D.C. | Florida | Hawaii | Maine | Maryland | Massachussetts | Nevada | New Hampshire (lived) | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington
Not including states I’ve driven through but not stopped in like Delaware & Georgia
• Phnom Penh | Siem Reap | Sihanoukville
• Kuala Lumpur | Penang
• Ayutthaya | Bangkok | Chiang Mai | Elephant Nature Park | Khanom | Koh Lanta | Koh Phangan | Koh Phi Phi | Koh Tao | Krabi | Railay | Surat Thani
• Hanoi | Halong | Hoi An | Hué | Nha Trang | Ninh Binh | Saigon
• 1770 | Adelaide | Agnes Water | Airlie Beach | Bowen | Brisbane: lived | Bundaberg | Byron Bay | Cairns | Canberra | Cape Hillsborough | Cracow: worked | Echucha | Fraser Island | Gold Coast | Mackay | Magnetic Island | Melbourne | Mildura: lived | Mission Beach | Noosa | Port Douglas | Rainbow Beach | Rockhampton | Rutherglen | Sunshine Coast | Sydney | Townsville | Tully | Whitsundays | Wyong Creek: worked
• Auckland | Christchurch | Hobbiton | Kaikoura | Lake Tekapo | Milford Sound | Mount Sunday | Queenstown | Rotorua | Te Anau | Wanaka | Wellington